Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Independence Day

I want to try everything
even though I could fail
even though I could get hurt
even though I might learn it's not right for me
I'll never really know unless I try
I'll never really succeed
if I never really risk failing

I want to push through the low self-worth
find my worth, claim it
cherish it
I want to say yes to friends more
be places I might get asked more
go out with friends more
invite friends more
Dare to throw a party
even though no-one might come

I want to learn to swim
Even though I am scared of the water
Go to the fair
Go to a ball game
Go to a concert
Even though I am scared of the crowds

I want to be with people
who make it feel safe
to risk embarrassing myself
maybe even a little fun
to risk embarrassing myself
People who love me

I don't want to leave
until I've tried everything
even though I could fail

--j.r.m.b

No comments:

Post a Comment